Well this week we are on lucky 7 thanks to Rhen and I think that this one could go a number of ways but before we have the big reveal lets see where we ventured in the ALTERNATE REALITIES realm.
Thanks to all who took the time to participate and I must admit people took many different turns on this theme which was highly appropriate in the circumstances.
So, what sits at Lucky 7, well this might be a bit of a surprise but its …
Now this is one broad theme, you can go in so many directions its isn’t funny but for those who might be perplexed the official definition of a dame is as follows:
- The official title of a female member of the Order of the British Empire, equivalent to that of a knight.
- The official title of the wife of a knight or baronet.
- A form of address to any woman of rank or authority.
- A matronly woman of advanced age; matron.
- A term used to refer to a woman:Some dame cut me off and almost caused an accident.
- Ecclesiastical. a title of a nun in certain orders.
- A mistress of a dame-school.
So you decide where you want to head but remember you only have 42 words.
As always I am on the hunt for next weeks topic, so feel free to pick a number, so we can continue the fun.
Here’s my take on this week’s prompt:
Sometimes notoriety is its own calling card
Miss Patty was a hell of a dame, with more spunk than the sputnik.
I recall when the thugs descended on her bar, they wanted protection money.
She sent the first flying with a fabulous right hook.
No one fooled with her.
PS Don’t forget to pingback.
© Deb Whittam 2020